Update Monday, October 28, 2013:
- All of the City of Wausau outdoor ice rinks remain closed for the 2013-2014 season.
Regular Season Open Skating Hours:
|Monday - Friday
||5:30 to 8 pm
||1 to 8 pm
||1 to 4:30 pm
The Wausau and Marathon County Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department will operate the following ice rinks during the 2013-2014 winter season:
- 400 Block, downtown Wausau - recreational rink with a warming house
- Brockmeyer Park, 4300 Stettin Drive – recreational rink and hockey rink with a warming house
- Grant Elementary School, 500 N 4th Avenue - recreational rink with a warming house
- John Marshall School, 1918 Lamont St – recreational rink only and no warming house
- Riverview School, 4303 E. Troy St – recreational and hockey rink with a warming house
All of the outdoor recreational rinks are lighted as is the hockey rink at Riverview School; Brockmeyer Park hockey rink is not lighted. Lights are on timers. Warming houses will be available at all locations except at John Marshall school.
Rinks close if air temperature and wind chill combine to -20° F. Reservations are required for “exclusive” use of a hockey rink for hockey and broomball practice/games. Hockey play is allowed on the hockey rinks which are available on either a first come/first serve basis or when reserved (see below).
Outdoor Hockey Rink - Reservations
Up to a two hour block of time can be reserved, at no charge, during open skating hours (see above hours) for games and practices or a private party, i.e. broomball (an adult must be present and responsible for disposing of own trash) at the Brockmeyer and Riverview hockey rinks. A permit is issued for exclusive use of the hockey rink from the Park Office; The permit must be picked up in person. No smoking is allowed on school district properties. No phone reservations are accepted. There are lights at Riverview hockey rink, but not at Brockmeyer hockey rink.
Outdoor Recreational Rink - Reservations
Up to a two hour block of time can be reserved, at no charge, during non-public skating hours as follows:
Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
A permit is issued for exclusive use of a recreational rink from the Park Office. The permit must be picked up in person. No smoking is allowed on school district properties. No phone reservations are accepted.