In response to our citizens, we will provide services in the most effective and efficient manner in order to promote and enhance our living environment. Plan and encourage positive growth. Promote a positive community image by encouraging citizen involvement and civic pride.
Service to Our Citizens
The graphic on the right shows how the City is organized to carry out the Mission Statement and provide Service to Our Citizens. The Council is the foundation of city government and is responsible for setting policy and creating a positive atmosphere, enabling the City to move forward. The Council works with and supports the Mayor and the Department Heads in combined efforts to provide the Supervisors and Employees what is needed to ultimately serve our citizens. In reality, Council Members, the Mayor, Department Heads, Supervisors and front line Employees are all City Employees, here to serve. Key to this is living by the following Core Values which employees have identified.
View Council Commitment to the Citizens of Wausau
Our Core Values
View full list of Values and Behaviors
- Responsibility / Accountability
- Communication - Forthright / Transparent
- Vision Global Perspective
- Stewardship of Resources
Customer Bill of Rights
View full list/flyer
- Clear Communication
- Communication with courtesy and respect.
- Prompt Response
- All questions answered, a timeline provided and an explanation of what they can expect.
- Fair and Equal Treatment
- A response without bias concerning their economic, social, physical or cultural differences.
- Follow Through
- To be informed of the progress of their issue.